These sites include the World Book Encyclopedia , World Book Kids and the Spanish-language encyclopedia, Enciclopedia estudiantil hallazgos . Important: See Librarian for Username and Password.
- Kids Info Bits: This database has been developed especially for beginning researchers in Kindergarten through Grade 5. Featuring a developmentally appropriate, visually graphic interface, the most popular search method is moving from a broad subject to a narrower topic using the subject-based topic tree. The curriculum-related, age appropriate, full-text content is from the best elementary reference sources and magazines. This database covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history sports and more.
- Sirs Discoverer: SIRS Discoverer offers a database of easily retrievable full-text articles. The program features reading levels, article summaries, Subject Tree, Subject Headings and Keyword Searching, an on-screen dictionary and thesaurus, and source information. The database also includes The World Almanac for Kids , Funk & Wagnall’s New Encyclopedia , Spotlight of the Month , Current Events and Maps of the World . The Full-Text Articles database of Discoverer consists of articles reprinted, with permission, and without editorial changes, from approximately 1,200 newspapers, magazines and U.S. government documents. Articles are geared toward a young audience and have been carefully selected for educational content, interest and readability. Important: See Librarian for Username and Password.
- NBC Learn: NBC News offers unique collections of video resources, primary sources, historic footage, images, mini-documentaries and text resources designed for use in the K-12 classroom.
- New Mexico Newspapers: Provides New Mexico newspapers online: Albuquerque Journal, Roswell Daily Record, Las Cruces Sun-News. Also provides access to Newsweek and a limited number of other magazines. Important: See Librarian for Username and Password.
- Teaching Books: The site provides original, in-studio movies of authors and illustrators and a wealth of multimedia resources on K-12 books that generate enthusiasm for books and reading. Important: See Librarian for Username and Password.